A legal document which specifies the what, when, where, how, how much, and by whom in a construction project. A good construction contract will include:
1. The contractors registration number.
2. A statement of work quality such as “Standard Practices of the Trades” or “according to Manufacturers Specifications.”
3. A set of blue prints or plans.
4. A construction timetable including starting and completion dates.
5. A set of specifications.
6. A fixed price for the work, or a time and materials formula.
7. A payment schedule.
8. A clause which outlines how any disputes will be resolved.
9. Any allowances.
10. A written warrantee.